The student workshop at GECCO (Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference) 2017 aims to provide a platform for graduate and undergraduate students to present their research on the topic at GECCO in Berlin, Germany. This multi-session workshop supports students with their scientific work and facilitates their inclusion in the research community. Our call for papers can be found on the Call for Student Workshop page.
At the workshop, students receive valuable feedback on the quality of their work and their presentation style. This is assured by constructive discussions after each talk led by a mentor panel of established researchers. Students are encouraged to use this opportunity for guidance on future research directions.
In addition, we provide opportunities to:
- present the work to the whole conference audience at the poster session,
- receive a best paper award, and,
- network and discuss ideas during and after the workshop.
We hope that the variety of covered topics (all topics at GECCO) will catch the attention of a wide range of conference attendees, who will learn about fresh research ideas and meet young researchers with related interests. Even when not submitting or presenting, students are encouraged to attend the workshop to learn of and from the work of their colleagues and broaden their (scientific) horizons.
... so, submit your work or encourage your students to do so!
- Workshop submission deadline: March 27, 2017
- Decision notification: April 15, 2017
- Camera-ready submission: tba
- GECCO workshops: July 15-16, 2017
We are excited to announce that Christine Zarges (Aberystwyth University) and Carlos A. Coello Coello (CINVESTAV-IPN, México) will be on our mentor panel. Stay tuned for the remaining mentors.
- Call for papers: http://gecco-2017.sigevo.org/index.html/Call+for+Student+Workshop
- GECCO student workshop twitter: https://twitter.com/GECCOsws
- GECCO homepage: http://gecco-2017.sigevo.org
- GECCO Twitter: https://twitter.com/GECCO2017
- Previous student workshops: 2016; 2015; 2014; 2013
Any questions? Check the information provided here FIRST. If your question is unanswered still, do not hesitate to contact the organisers either by Twitter or email. We also encourage you to read about the benefits of being a student when attending GECCO (including information on scholarships, travel grants and room sharing), the SIGEVO Summer School, as well as the Women@GECCO workshop for newcomers in GECCO-related research of all genders.
- Boris Naujoks (TH Köln - University of Applied Sciences, Germany)
- Vanessa Volz (TU Dortmund University, Germany)